Classteacher (Ringmer Primary and Nursery School)
Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time (working for 52 weeks per year)
Closing date: Wednesday 12 April 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact: Ringmer Primary and Nursery Schoo, Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5LL
Phone: 01273 812463
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We are a school that works together to ensure that our learners remain at the heart of our school community and everything that we do. The whole team prides itself on its desire for continual improvement which inspires innovation and promotes inclusion. As a result our learning environments are calm and purposeful and we have enthusiastic and motivated learners.
Ringmer Primary and Nursery School is a one and a half form entry, larger than average village primary school, positioned on the edge of the South Downs National Park, near Lewes. The school benefits from a wonderful learning environment; we are situated in fantastic grounds that promote multiple opportunities for outdoor learning and provide excellent access to sporting facilities.
Our staff team are a vital and valued part of our school community. They are skilled, driven and friendly; they enjoy the benefits of regular CPD and a strong wellbeing program - for more information go to https://www.ringmerprimary.school/our-school/our-staff
We are looking to recruit a full time experienced EYFS, KS1 or KS2 classteacher to start in September 2023.
We aim to recruit individuals who are committed to achieving the highest standards for all pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
• A high level of classroom expertise
• A secure understanding of the curriculum
• The ability to work in partnership with staff, pupils and parents
• High expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• An awareness of the need to be reflective in all areas and a passion for driving their own career progression forward
• The ability to effectively promote and develop the vision, aims, culture and ethos of the school
• The ability to create an inspirational learning environment
• The passion for making learning experiences exciting, memorable and engaging for all
We will offer you:
• A strong, committed and collaborative staff team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model
• A forward thinking leadership team who are supportive, nurturing, energetic and innovative
• Well behaved, happy and enthusiastic learners who love to learn
• Structures that support workload and encourage a strong work life balance
• A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos
• Hands on and knowledgeable governing body
• An engaged village community and parent body
• A commitment to your ongoing CPD: opportunities for professional and personal development
Visits to the school are encouraged, Anna the Headteacher would love to show you around the school. You will have the opportunity to meet our children and to speak to members of the team.
More information about the school is available on our website - www.ringmerprimary.school
Please contact the school office on 01273 812463 or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 12 April 2023 Interviews: 19 and 20 April 2023
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.