Early Years Nursery Worker
Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: Level 4:- £22,369 - £24,054 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in Long Ashton
Hours: Various – part-time and full-time hours available. For more information call Early Birds Nursery
Closing date: Friday 30 June 2023
This is an exciting time to join North Somerset!
Rated as GOOD in all areas by Ofsted in February 2022, Early Birds are a North Somerset Council-run nursery, based in Long Ashton, for children aged 6 months - 5 years.
"Children are happy and excited as they arrive at nursery. Children are keen and curious to explore the resources that staff provide."- OFSTED 2022
Our Early Years qualified, and motivated staff team provide a stimulating, child-focused learning environment that offers enriched experiences and supports all children's learning and development.
Join our team!
We are looking for a number of enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicate Early Years Nursery Workers, qualified to Level 3, to join our amazing team.
Come and join us working in a nursery where Children’s Centre core values are embedded alongside the EYFS.
We work closely with our children’s family and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including, Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors. Working together towards improving the outcomes for our children.
Our Nursery has excellent outside play areas, which provide a learning environment all year round. This extensive environment not only scaffolds and extends learning through play, but encourages children to take supervised risks, and encourages problem solving.
You will actively contribute and support high quality care and education to children aged 6 months - 4 years attending the nursery, ensuring developmental needs are met, working positively in partnership with parents in a safe and nurturing environment.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, friendly and be able to work strongly in a team. We have an incredible team at the nurseries. So, if you are passionate about children’s learning we want to hear from you!
North Somerset Council Benefits
We work closely within a cluster of Local Authority Nurseries based in Weston and our nurseries are committed to continuously professionally developing our staff. Employees have access to council benefits which include:
- A competitive salary and generous holiday of up to 25 days a year rising to 30 after 5 years continuous service, plus bank holidays and 1 extra corporate day each year
- A chance to enrol in an excellent salary pension scheme
- You will be able to join our NSC advantage+ which will give you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers. We can contribute to the cost of your professional subscriptions and give you the chance to pay into a health cash plan that can help you manage the cost of dental treatment, eye tests, and new glasses
- Option to purchase additional two weeks annual leave
- We are committed to flexible working and will consider all requests to help parents, guardians and carers find the right work/life balance and we offer vouchers which help save on childcare costs
- We have also teamed up with Halfords to run the Cycle 2 Work Cycle Plus scheme which lets you get a bike and essential accessories tax free
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
More information about our extensive benefits package can be found here; https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs/working-us/employee-benefits
These posts are exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion and a tour of our Nursery, please contact Sarah Dymmock-Morgan (Nursery Manager) or Lizzie Armstrong (Deputy Nursery Manager) on 01275 888580.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.