Town Centre Warden
Our award-winning Council is on an exciting journey of change. It’s all about putting local people at the heart of everything, listening to and working alongside our communities. We’re now more innovative, more efficient and provide better value for money. The changes are clear to see – from new businesses and jobs, to improving school results and to museums being recognised for their community engagement.
Our Town Centre is continually developing and is becoming an excellent place for people to live, work and visit and the Safer Neighbourhood Service are looking to recruit two Town Centre Wardens who will provide an ambassadorial role within the town centre footprint and focus on anti-social behaviour, environmental crime and support the delivery of community safety agendas and localised plans.
The Town Centre Wardens will provide a high visibility presence on a daily basis and will work closely with people who live, work and visit the town centre. The Warden role will be part of the Joining Forces brand which unites a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for applicants who have experience within relevant areas of the role based on the Job Profile and with a particular focus on dealing with community safety issues in a front line role. You’ll bring to the role excellent communication and relationship building with stakeholders including members of the public.
The main aims of this role will be to:
- Work closely with the Town Centre Team alongside a range of partners to achieve a common goal.
- Engage pro-actively with those involved in anti-social behaviour and identify those responsible.
- Discharge a broad range of summary enforcement powers in a proportionate and professional manner including any powers delegated by the Chief Constable in the future.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of targeted initiatives as directed including campaigns and planned deployment approaches.
- Liaise with local businesses, visitors and residents of Barnsley town centre.
- Provide an ambassadorial role within the town centre offering support where applicable and required.
At Barnsley there is a lot look forward to, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You’ll see that we prioritise learning and enabling you to achieve your potential. So we’ve created a development process that lets you grow in the way that suits you - whether that’s training to be a leader, or learning flexibly online. That’s one of the reasons why we achieved IIP Gold, and why you’ll find your career here inspiring and rewarding.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.