Children's Advanced Social Work Practitioner
In Enfield we offer a high quality and innovative service to the children of Enfield. Currently, we have a vacancy for an experienced, high calibre advanced practitioner. You will join a group of committed and enthusiastic group of advanced practitioners and team managers.
OFSTED described Enfield social work teams as highly motivated with manageable caseloads, allowing time for workers to get to know children and protect them effectively. Managers and staff are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people. Continued investment in high quality training and support to staff has resulted in good workforce retention.
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled practitioner to join our social work teams.
- Your primary role will be to support the team manage who oversees a team of 4 additional social workers. The role will need you to develop meaningful and purposeful social work practice; and to continue Enfield’s journey from the OFSTED ‘good’ to outstanding.
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the team and providing mentoring and support less experienced social workers/ASYE’s/students; to support the team manager and other colleagues in the wider Assessment and Intervention Service.
- As an advanced practitioner you will need to be a qualified Social Worker, practising at level three or equivalent, with significant post qualifying experience in a statutory Children’s Service setting.
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases. You will also need good skills in analysis and report writing and be able to meet tight timescales
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Modupe Ijasan on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.