Work-Based Learning Tutor - Accountancy
- Are you a qualified work-based learning assessor who is able to motivate, inspire and challenge others to successfully achieve their full potential?
- Do you have accountancy experience and are looking for an exciting new challenging in your career?
- Do you have experience in delivering Apprenticeships Standards?
If so, this could be the role for you.
About Waverley Training Services
Waverley Training Services is part of Waverley Borough Council and has been delivering work-based learning qualifications, Apprenticeships, Functional Skills and Employability Skills to a range of learners of all ages. We deliver qualifications throughout Surrey and the borders of Hampshire, Berkshire and Sussex.
We contract with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in order to obtain funding for the qualifications delivered however we are also able to offer privately funded training if required.
We are open to inspection from OFSTED and in our last full inspection in June 2018 we were awarded a ‘Good’ across all aspects of the framework.
We always strive to provide individuals with accurate information, advice and guidance to support them in achieving the full potential. This is shown through our Matrix accreditation.
Waverley Training Services is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we follow the safer recruitment process. This role will require an Enhanced DBS check. (Further information can be obtained from Disclosure and Barring Service - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk))
Waverley Borough Council is a great place to work, offering a pension scheme for which the Council make a substantial contribution of 17.2%, generous annual leave entitlements in addition to the Bank Holidays and “Waverley Days” leave at Christmas, and numerous discounts schemes.
We are looking for Tutors who can deliver Apprenticeships in Accountancy Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Responsibilities of an Accountancy Work-Based Tutor include but are not limited to:
- Managing a caseload of learners
- Teaching, supporting and coaching learners primarily in the workplace to support the timely achievement of their qualification
- Assessing learners work via the e-portfolio system
- Providing constructive detailed feedback, both written and verbally to support the identification of learner’s strengths and areas for development
- Providing learners with the opportunity to stretch and challenge themselves through the setting of SMART targets
- Supporting learners to achieve their Maths and English Level 2 Functional Skills
- Identifying and supporting additional learning needs of individual learners
- Providing sufficient information, advice and guidance to learners to support their welfare and continuous professional development in line with Matrix requirements
- Safeguarding learners and reporting all concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Liaising with End Point Assessment Organisations to ensure timely completion of learners End Point Assessment
- Adhering to the requirements of all Awarding Organisations and governing bodies.
This post is a part-time permanent role, 22.5 hours per week (3 days per week), however, flexible working applications will be considered.
The role will be a mixture face to face visits at learner’s workplaces and remote visits via Microsoft Teams.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Krystel Rajewski, Teaching and Learning Manager on 01252 725872 or 07812 220811.
Core working hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break.
Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Thursday 23 March 2023
Interview date: Friday 31 March 2023 at Farnham Memorial Hall
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert