The starting salary for this role is £23,243 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
Our social care business support teams provide administrative support to front line social care teams.
Defined working hours are Monday - Friday 08:50-17:00.
Whilst you won't be required in the office 5 days a week, you will work in the office on a rota basis a minimum 2 days per week.
We currently have four vacancies for administrators in our Business Support team based at Ashley Park House in Walton-on-Thames:
2 x Permanent, full time
1 x Fixed term, full time (until June 2023)
1 x Maternity cover, full time (until September 2023 with potential to extend)
To succeed as a Team Administrator, you will:
- Be a team player but able to work independently using your initiative.
- Be confident, organised, and proactive.
- Display resilience and be adaptable to change.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Be willing to learn new skills.
- Be confident to liaise with professionals both within social care and with other partner agencies e.g., NHS & Police & with members of the public.
Children, Families and Learning provides a range of highly specialist services to vulnerable children and young people. Services are delivered directly to children and their families within extensive statutory frameworks and staff working in these areas need specialist knowledge to deliver effective services to these high-risk and high-need groups. Our administration teams support front line social care and education staff.
About the role
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking and distributing meeting notes.
- Organising multiagency meetings on behalf of the social care teams.
- Answering and directing telephone calls from professionals & members of the public.
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases.
- Answering emails and managing Duty mailboxes
- Providing performance information.
- You will be highly organised, willing to take responsibility and use your initiative.
- Be comfortable in setting and managing your own priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills along with a high level of written and oral communication.
- Have experience or understanding of working with highly confidential information in a customer-focused environment.
- Passionate about providing a high standard of service to the social care teams and the families they support.
Does this sound like you? If so, then we welcome your application!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31st March 2023.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted and interviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore we encourage early applications.
A Basic DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.