School Business Manager - Geoffrey Field Infant School
Required for September 2023
37 Hours per week, Term time only - Permanent
To ensure a thorough induction and handover of all aspects of the role it would be preferable for the successful candidate to begin during the second half of the summer term to work alongside current post holder.
We are a 3 form entry school with 10 classes, including a Nursery class, and 52 staff. Our current NOR is 313.
The school is part of the Whitley Excellence Cluster, a group of schools working collaboratively together with great success.
This is a key, wide-ranging role that includes responsibility for:
- Managing the school accounting function ensuring efficient operation according to agreed procedures
- Ensuring procedures and systems are efficient, effective and meet local and national requirements
- Managing the school’s compliance to GDPR principles and regulations
- Managing the school personnel function ensuring efficient operation
- Ensuring that the grounds and buildings are maintained to a high standard, reflecting suitability, and health and safety requirements
- The leadership, management & supervision of the Admin Officers and the Site Controller
- Providing support to School Governors and the Senior Leadership Team
The successful candidate will be methodical, well-organised, trustworthy and flexible and will have:
- Excellent numeracy/ literacy skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the use of specialist ICT packages, ideally the SIMS and FMS packages
- The ability to lead and manage other staff
- The ability to prioritise and be proactive in their approach to workload and challenges
- The ability to plan and develop systems
- The ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- The ability to relate well to children and adults
- The skills necessary to work effectively as part of a team
For further information please read the job description and person specification available on the school website within the application pack.
Visits to the school to meet staff and pupils are encouraged.
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.geoffreyfieldinfant.co.uk
Application packs are available to download from the school website, from the school office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5473.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd March 2023
Interviews: week commencing 17th April 2023
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough application forms.
This Authority/School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS will be sought from the successful candidate.