Social Worker / Experienced Social Worker - Assessment
Our vision and values put children at the heart of everything we do. As a social worker in our Assessment Team you will manage a caseload within a framework of appropriate reflective supervision, working with children, young people and their families. You will also be expected to use the Signs of Safety practice model in assessments and interventions with families.
Reporting directly to a Team Manager, you will benefit from regular individual and group supervision. You will also be supported to develop your skills and expertise at every stage of your career.
We offer an excellent recruitment package, manageable workloads, and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support.
We are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including –
- A basic salary of £33,898 - £37,055 (Social Worker) or £37,056 - £40,567 (Experienced Social Worker).
- An annual market allowance of £5,000 (Social Worker) or £5,500 (Experienced Social Worker) per annum. Payable in monthly payments.
- A retention payment of £2,000 (Social Worker) or £3,000 (Experienced Social Worker). This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following one years’ service in Medway.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 27 - 30 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Free car parking
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office except during duty week when you will be office based all week)
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
- You will have successfully completed your ASYE and have a minimum of 1 years’ practice as a social worker, working with children and families.
- You will have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Suzanne Mehmet, Service Manager on 01634 334470.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advert.
Applications will be reviewed weekly and shortlisted candidates invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Children’s DBS Check.
For more information on our roles within Children’s Services please visit https://www.medway.gov.uk/childrenservicesjobs
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please consider the application guidance when submitting your application.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email email@example.com
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
How to Apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.