Caseworker - Planning
We are seeking to appoint a Caseworker for an interesting, varied and challenging role supporting the work of a busy planning casework team. As a caseworker you will have a crucial role in validating and processing a wide range of planning applications. We are looking for an individual with commitment, a high level of energy who can continue to achieve excellent performance and accuracy whilst providing a first rate level of customer service.
This role would suit someone at the start of their planning career. You’ll need an acute eye for detail and be confident interpreting and applying legislation. Providing great customer service will be at the forefront of everything you do. You should be a skilled communicator, both orally and in writing, with an ability to relay complicated and technical information so that it is easily understood. Strong IT skills are essential. You’ll have an inquisitive nature, researching and solving problems with initiative. You’ll be able to prioritise your workload and work independently.
What you’ll do on a typical day :
- Answering email and telephone enquiries about planning matters
- To process applications including allocating reference numbers, acknowledging receipt of applications, notifying neighbours and consultees and checking payments.
- Validation of planning applications including general consultations and obtaining additional information. Liaising with agents, applicants and other stakeholders.
- To check the accuracy of reports and lists of applications prior to publishing.
- Opening and distribution of incoming post and sending of outgoing post.
- Redacting and publishing documents, adhering to data protection and GDPR.
- To ensure team filing, all application paperwork and electronic records are kept updated and well organised.
- To assist with the administration of the appeals process liaising with all necessary interested parties ensuring deadlines are met and statements sent on time. This includes administrative support for hearings and public enquiries where required.
- To carry out any additional duties or functions, commensurate with the grade, as may be requested by management.
Essential Criteria :
- Strong team working skills
- A good level of education, includes GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths Grade C or above
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- High level communication and presentation skills including clear, concise reporting and correspondence particularly concerning complex or controversial issues.
- Continually seek to develop your competence in a variety of IT systems and packages
- The ability to communicate with people of different social, economic and professional backgrounds.
- knowledge of the planning system, planning legislation, and national and local planning policy.
What’s in it for you?
With some 700 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows work from home and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
If you would like to know more about the opportunity please email email@example.com