Senior Social Workers - Fostering Support
It has never been a more exciting time to work for Birmingham Children’s Fostering Agency, as we continue on our journey to implement improvements for our Children, Foster carers as well as our workforce. Whilst we have been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted we strive to be an outstanding fostering service and looking for a Passionate and Committed Senior Practitioner to be part of Birmingham biggest Fostering Family.
We are seeking to recruit motivated and dynamic Senior Social Workers to join the fostering agency within our Fostering Support Teams who will contribute to our whole service journey to outstanding by providing the safest and best outcomes for our Children and Young people.
You will be part of an experienced, ‘can do will do’ fostering service and work closely with foster carers, children and stakeholders.
Are you an experienced Senior Supervising Social Worker looking for an opportunity to share your valuable and relevant practice-based experience, knowledge and further develop your expertise in Fostering? If so, we have an opportunity to support your fostering career development through the key role of Senior Social Worker within the Fostering Support Team/s
- You should be able to work on own initiative, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a range of skills and experience and apply them proficiently in practice.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues / partners/other agencies.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and roles in the protection of children and young people within fostering.
- To contribute to the fostering agency development and best practice processes in line with key priorities within the Children’s Trust and Fostering agency strategic and operational plans.
- You will have a good working understanding of relevant care planning and fostering legislation and be able to confidently work and deliver within the realms of statutory requirements, regulations and national minimum standards.
- Good post qualifying experience and knowledge of working within children and of the needs of children from complex backgrounds.
- You will require excellent assessment and report writing skills that are evidence and research based utilising professional curiosity.
- To participate in the fostering agency Duty Service finding foster homes for our children and young people.
- Proficient IT skills and understanding of the use of systems – including Charms
- Experience of supervising foster carers/students
- You must be social work qualified for at least 3 years and registered with social work England
Our offer to you…
If you are 3yrs post qualified, you will receive a recruitment incentive payment of £1,000 (terms and conditions apply)
You will also receive a retention payment of £200, paid monthly in your pay package for your duration in front-door service
27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days post 5 years’ service, rising 35 days post 10years service
To find out more about the Trust please visit our website birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
To find out more about our other financial offer and amazing rewards and benefits click HERE
To find out more about Birmingham as a place to live click HERE
Interested, wanting to make a difference to children living in foster carer, then these are the roles for you .
If you would like to know more about the roles please contact
Michelle Gardiner – Team Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel 07766924550
Priscilla Spence – Team Manager - email@example.com – Tel: 07712 436 649
Interviews will be held in March 2023 @ Lancaster Circus