Premises Officer (Caretaker)
Following the retirement of the existing post-holder, the governors of Linaker Primary School seek to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and committed Premises Officer to ensure a safe, secure, clean, tidy and well-maintained environment for our children.
The position is permanent, (Grade E, SCP 7-11) salary £22,369 - £24,054 which will be 36 hours per week over a 52-week contract. Hours will be Monday – Friday 7.00 a.m. – 2.30 p.m. Annual leave is 27 days per year under 5 years’ service, increasing to 32 days per year after 5 years, and agreed in advance with the School Business Manager.
Ideal start date will be Monday 12th June 2023.
Applicants should look closely at the job description and identify suitability for the post within the written application.
We are seeking candidates who:
- will be responsible, along with another Premises Officer, for the day-to-day operational management, safety, cleanliness and security of the school site
- has the health, safety and wellbeing of the school and team as a priority
- is well organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- has a good level and range of DIY skills
- has good interpersonal and communication skills
- is prepared to make a valuable contribution to our school
- has the ability to work well with all colleagues
- is able to relate well to children including those with Special Educational Needs
- is a team player and can be flexible in their approach to work
- is physically fit and able to move furniture and resources around the building as well as use ladders
- will ideally have previous school premises experience or have an understanding of the workings of a busy school environment
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as part of the selection process applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Linaker Primary School is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.