Head Teacher Pay Scale L14 – L21
Required from September 2023
Group 2 school, number on roll 186
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Head Teacher to lead the school on the next stage of its exciting journey. Applications are invited from practising Catholic teachers.
St. Clare’s offers a Catholic education where everyone is able to feel valued, confident and secure. By working as a partnership between school. home, parish and community we aim to create a challenging, stimulating and effective learning environment.
At St Clare’s Catholic Primary School we strive to ensure the very best outcomes for every learner, so that they are all able to achieve their full potential.
St. Clare’s was rated as a Good School in the last Ofsted inspection.
“Parents and carers are overwhelmingly supportive and value what they referred to as the ‘family ethos’ and ‘safe atmosphere’ where children ‘have fun and work hard’.”
“It is clear that you are all highly committed, and that morale is high.”
Ofsted June 2019
We are seeking a Head Teacher who:
- Has the ability, ambition and motivation to lead the school forward continuing the drive to further enhance our high standards.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to build upon the outstanding Catholic ethos of the school.
- Is an inspiring manager, leading by example, sharing a passion for teaching and learning and committed to providing the best possible outcomes for our school community.
- Is an approachable leader with excellent communication skills who is able to engage with all stakeholders within the school environment and beyond.
In return we can offer you:
- A vibrant and encouraging environment for learning, underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos where happy, enthusiastic children are eager to achieve their full potential.
- A dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team.
- A supportive and active governing body who have a clear vision for the future of the school.
- A commitment to your personal career development.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed during the weeks commencing 13th or 27th February 2023 and can be arranged by contacting G Kujawinski, School Admin Lead via email email@example.com or on 01244 445266
Further details of the post together with the application pack are available by request from the school admin team, firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to Julie.English@dioceseofshrewbury.org . The successful candidate will be appointed by the Governors on a CES contract.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th March 2023 at 10:00am
Shortlisting 21st March 2023
Interviews will be on Tuesday 28th March 2023
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check is required for the successful applicant. References will be requested prior to interview and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure certificate.
St. Clare’s. Shrewsbury Diocese and Cheshire West and Chester Council are committed to equal opportunities in employment.