EAL Teaching Assistant 3
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join our team as a teaching assistant to provide EAL support for pupils across a range of Sefton schools.
The aim of the role is to promote inclusion and provide learning support for students who have English as a second language. The postholder will work across a range of school settings providing additional within class support for bilingual learners to equip them to access the wider curriculum and to develop social language opportunities.
As an EAL Teaching Assistant you will be expected to:
- Support EAL students with personalised learning
- Help to overcome barriers to learning
- Adapt and customise lesson plans
- Support students with EAL to access curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the management of EAL students’ behaviour
- Provide pastoral support
- Facilitate contact with parents
- Model and effective classroom practice
- Undertake English language assessments to help determine proficiency and provide feedback to service and school staff in relation to your assigned pupils’ progress.
The post will require travel to students’ school settings and is subject to a casual car user mileage allowance.
Visits to our teaching base at Pinefield would be very much welcomed
For further information please contact John Baden or Kate Gibson: 01704 395945