Cook Supervisor (Schools)
We are looking for experienced School Cook /Chef
Term Time Only 39 weeks per year
Excellent communication skills
Lively passion for fresh cooked food
Enthusiasm to lead a team of catering staff
Ability to manage food and labour budgets
Knowledge of Allergens
Good understanding of food safety and Health and safety
Desire to encourage pupils to eat well at school
Innovative presentation skills
Food safety qualification
Catering qualification NVQ level 3 or above or relevant practical experience
Why Waltham Forest?
An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Excellent terms and conditions
- A valued and vibrant culturally diverse workforce
- A Permanent Term Time Only Contract.
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.