We are advertising this as a 'rolling advert' in that applicants for this position will be contacted as and when they apply - there is no closing date as such.
Hudson School and Family Wellbeing Centre, Moorhey Road, Maghull, L31 5LE.
Hudson is based in Maghull, Merseyside and we provide education for approximately 300 children from ages 2-11 years, from a range of backgrounds and a range of needs.
We take great pride in our true community school as it successfully provides a secure and nurturing resource for vulnerable children and families. We are privileged to offer our Family Wellbeing Centre facilities, outstanding 2 year old and 3 year old Nursery provision and furthermore our specialist resourced autism base to those within our reach with an ASC diagnosis.
At Hudson we want the best for every child, We believe that however long a child is with us, it is important that they make good progress and are equipped for the next stage of their education.
To achieve this, we wish to attract and welcome staff who will work hard to make sure our children feel they are part of a caring community. Please consider the requirements of this position and should you feel you could be a part of what we deliver, we would welcome an application from you to join the team.
The Governors of Hudson Primary School and Family Wellbeing Centre seek to make the appointment of a Lunchtime / welfare assistant. This post is part time; 5hrs per week from 12.00-13.00pm daily. This is a fixed term post initially with a distinct possibility of permanence
Would you feel able;
• To supervise the canteen/lunch areas at meal times under the guidance of the management of the school.
• To supervise the playground/outside play area during the lunchtime period.
• To supervise indoors during wet lunchtimes.
• To be part of the team that covers the basic first aid of children during lunch time.
• To implement the school behaviour policy during the lunchtime.
• To work as part of the lunchtime team and to support colleagues where appropriate.
• To assist in providing general care and welfare to children.
• To help the children organise games and help them to play appropriately.
• To supervise and control groups of children.
• To contribute to the maintenance of a safe environment for the children
• To undertake any other duties that the Headteacher/SMT may deem reasonably appropriate to the role of the lunch time staff.
In return, we can offer you:
• A caring and supporting ethos
• A happy and positive school
• Enthusiastic, well behaved and hardworking pupils
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
• A commitment to future development and training
Full details of the job are contained within the attached documents.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be
confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all
staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme
How to Apply
Application forms, job description and any further information are available on the links below.
All applications should be returned directly to email@example.com
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Application form, job description and person specification are available from the links below. As stated above we have a number of positions available and this advert will be advertised as a rolling vacancy.