Senior Social Worker, Lewes
Hours of work: Up to 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full or Part Time
Timescales for our next selection event are as follows:
Closing date: Sunday 12 March 2023
Interview date: 22/23 March 2023
Our teams and Locations
Please indicate which teams, location and hours you would prefer on your application. Vacancies occur in the following areas:
- Locality Services, includes - Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Duty and Assessment Teams, Family and Friends, Family and Youth Support CIN/CP court work Teams based in Eastbourne, Hastings and Lewes
- Children’s Disability Service based in Eastbourne
- Looked After Children based in Hastings, Lewes and Hailsham
- Single Point of Advice (SPoA) based in Eastbourne
- Through Care Team based in Eastbourne
- Fostering based in Eastbourne
- Adoption based in Eastbourne
For more information about our teams visit the recruitment website.
For more information regarding our current vacancies please contact:
Samantha Cole, Recruitment and Retention Manager (Children’s Services)
Senior Social Worker
£46,998 - £50,379 (Grade 11–12)
[Note] Please note that these salaries include a market supplement introduced in July 2021 and are subject to a 3 yearly review– you can view the basic salary on our Salaries scales page
We recognise how busy social workers are and strive to do all we can to reduce your admin time. With that in mind we have removed the need for you to complete an application form just log your details and upload your CV!
Whilst interview dates are set, shortlisting will take place throughout the advert being live and we are able to offer interviews at an earlier date. Please contact Samantha Cole - Children’sServices.RecruitmentManager@eastsussex.gov.uk if you wish to discuss further.
About the role
Take a step into East Sussex Social Work
Join one of our outstanding teams!
Take a step into East Sussex social work and join one of our Outstanding* teams in Children’s Social Care. We genuinely value our social workers, so will make you an unbeatable offer: a highly competitive pay and benefits package, plus access to the learning and wellbeing support you need to progress and thrive in work that is challenging and meaningful. Would you like to have all of this opportunity whilst working in one of the most beautiful places in the country?
Join our team and you’ll embark on a challenging but hugely rewarding career and one where you’ll make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and families.
A workforce for the community, from the community
We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage those from Black and ethnic minority backgrounds, those who are disabled, male and those who identify as trans. We are working towards recruiting a workforce that reflects our community because we recognise the unique skills and experience that each individual brings.
What’s so good about East Sussex?
Take a look at our videos and find out why people choose us and why they stay:
The support you need
Our support isn’t an added extra, its fully embedded:
- Regular reflective supervision with managers experienced in safeguarding
- Access to group supervision and practice development
- Comprehensive well-being package including mindfulness programme.
Innovative ways of working
We’re at the cutting edge of social work:
- Our model of practice - Connected Practice – which Ofsted described as bringing about genuine and long-lasting change for our families
- The latest digital kit and technology and resources to support you in your work with children and families; and
- Access to a team of psychiatrists, psychologists and specialist social workers for case consultation and support.
“East Sussex is a really dynamic place to work; it’s always up-changing and developing and I think that’s really positive.”
What you need to know
We all know that writing job applications can be challenging and time consuming, so we have removed this from the recruitment process. All you will need to do is upload your cv. At interview the main areas we want you to tell us about are:
- Your work with children and young people
- How you communicate with others
- Your application of research or theory in practice
- Your strong social work leadership skills
Brief and to the point and with some examples is the way to go!
Join our award-winning team
We have been Judged Outstanding by Ofsted (July 2018) and been awarded Teaching Partnership status.
So now is the time to join us and start a fulfilling social work career at East Sussex.
For more information about Children's Social work in East Sussex please visit www.eastsussex.gov.uk/socialwork
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.