Foster Carer Opportunity – up to a £457 allowance per child, per week which includes your fee in recognition of your skills
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
Are you looking for a hugely rewarding career which will change and shape a child’s future?
We need local people who have a spare room (or space for a cot) who can offer a child a stable, nurturing and loving home. If you have a caring nature and the space in your heart and home to foster a child, contact us today and embark on the most rewarding experience of your life.
The ideal person will be driven by the desire to make a positive change to a child’s life and will welcome children from all backgrounds.
What we are looking for in a Foster Carer:
- A spare bedroom (or space for a cot)
- A clean driving licence OR good access to public transport.
- Someone with lots of love and support to give.
- Patience, understanding and passion.
- Ability to be flexible for meetings related to the young person and their development.
- The ability to support and nurture a child’s development.
- A role model to teach socially acceptable ways to behave and communicate.
What we have to offer for Foster Carers:
- The chance to change a young person’s life
- Generous allowances when a child is placed in your care
- Additional allowances for the child’s birthday/ Christmas or festival/ Holiday/ Uniform
- Bedroom equipment provided
- Up to an 80% Council Tax discount (based on a full year occupancy)
- Regular home visits and support from your own dedicated Supervising Social Worker
- Out-of-hours support
- Extensive training and development opportunities to support you as well as a training bonus scheme after your first year as an approved carer
What our carer’s say:
“The first time they grip your finger or smile at you, you not only feel the same love as you would with your biological children, but you really feel a sense of accomplishment and that you have successfully done your job.” Tricia, a Redbridge Foster Carer
“The thing I love most about fostering is seeing the progress children and young people make during the time they are with us. From surviving to thriving.” Tracy, a Redbridge Foster Carer
“I love watching the difference I can make to a child and watching them succeed in life, knowing that I have made a difference to their life. Also the support I have had from the fostering team has been nothing but amazing!” Sarah, a Redbridge Foster Carer
“Since being in our care, our young person has found a true sense of justice, and developed a super work ethic and a certain strength of character.” Jamshed, a Redbridge Foster Carer
Call or email us today to start your journey in changing a child’s life:
020 8708 6068
Alternatively join us on our next virtual information session to find out more. Visit our website www.redbridge.gov.uk/fostering to book a place.
Ambitious for Redbridge