Make a positive lifestyle choice and become a Shared Lives Carer (Self-Employed).
Do you have a spare room?
Could you care for someone who needs extra support in your home?
Would you like to work from home and be paid to make a real difference to someone’s life?
We are looking for people living in Brighton and Hove to join Shared Lives and provide care, support and accommodation to adults with a learning disability or mental health need. The person would live with you full time alongside your family or stay for a few nights on a regular basis.
About the role
All sorts of people can be Shared Lives carers; singles, couples, with or without children, young or not so young, home owners or tenants:
- You would be assessed and approved by the Shared Lives Scheme and receive induction and ongoing support and training.
- You would be self employed and paid a weekly fee.
- You will need to have some experience of caring for others and be motivated to support people to live independent lives.
By becoming a Shared Lives Carer you can make a real difference to the people you support by offering:
- The opportunity to live a meaningful life and be part of family life and the local community
- Support to make their own choices and decisions
- Support with everyday tasks and support to develop independence skills
We are also looking for Shared Lives Carers to support people over the age of 16 who have a learning disability, autism, mental health need.
You could offer:
- Full time support –the person would live with you and your family
- Short Breaks (respite) – the person would come and stay for the occasional night, weekend or week
- Day share – you would support up to three people, based from your home, for up to 6 hours.
To find out more
or e-mail email@example.com
or visit the website and watch our videos http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/sharedlives
The Scheme is CQC registered
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
This role is being advertised on behalf of the Shared Lives Team. You will be self employed and not an employee of Brighton & Hove City Council.