Within this role you will be one of the key members of our contract monitoring and quality assurance team, taking lead responsibility for monitoring and quality assurance of services we commission.
Working closely with colleagues, providers and service users you will collate information and intelligence to inform safeguarding, contract management and strategic commissioning decisions. Day to day activities will involve producing monitoring reports and identifying areas of underperformance. You will regularly visit and engage providers and support the team to collate user feedback. You will work with providers to drive quality improvements for service users. This vital work ensures that our providers and services continue to deliver the best outcomes for our local communities.
This post will report to our Category Managers and will:
• Help to build a new commissioning function and develop an excellent framework for commissioning practice
• Enable the development of provider markets
• Develop the strategic partnership with providers
• Maintain effective oversight of the quality of the services offered by providers in order to ensure continuous improvement
• Develop the partnership with social care operational managers and ensure that services are meeting expected outcomes
This is an opportunity to build and develop commissioning and partnership development skills.
You will need to have access to a car and be willing to travel to provider locations around the borough and beyond.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To appy, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710642
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.