Building Surveyor – Building Control
Management Grouping: Place, Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Building Control
Salary: £28,023 - £38,696 Career Grade
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 27th August 2019
Job reference: PCI0000179
Located in south east London, Bexley is within easy reach of central London, rural Kent and the continent. It is a diverse borough incorporating the best features of both town and country
As a Thames Gateway borough, Bexley is used to managing change. However, it is now planning for the prospect of significant housing and employment growth, as well as infrastructure investment. The borough is also embracing the challenge of accommodating this growth whilst enhancing its overall character.
We are looking to recruit a fully qualified (RICS/CABE), experienced and enthusiastic senior building control professional to deal with a range of development projects from plan checking to completion on site and provide advice and support to junior staff.
You will be required to assist the building control manager in marketing and promoting the building control team. You will need to be able to work under pressure and use your own initiative. Customer focussed, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and help to drive service improvements
What we offer
- Relocation package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 27/08/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date: TBC
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.