The main tasks for this post are to supervise and be part of a welcoming library service to support the varied needs of all the community. On a day to day basis this includes:-
• Supporting and deputising for the Libraries Area Manager
• Maintaining a safe environment in the library
• Staff scheduling
• Recording and banking income
• The loan and return of library books
• Registration of new library members
• Assisting customers with self service facilities
• Supporting residents accessing other Council services
• Taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to resolution, including more complex and challenging customer issues
Alongside reception duties the roles also includes a range of other activities which support the wider delivery of the service which could range from basic admin and filing to facilitating a children’s story time.
A sound understanding of customer service and of library services could be highly beneficial in applying for this post.
The post is based at Twyford Library, but will be required to work at other sites across the Borough including the Home Library Service. This means it is a varied post which involves both working as part of a larger team at a larger library, and also traveling to smaller sites to open them to the public and working independently whilst there. The post involves working regular daytimes, evenings, and Saturdays worked over a three weekly timetable please contact us to ask for a copy of the rota.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this committment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710980
Wokingham is an equal opportunties employer.