When was the last large scale project you have been involved in?
Do you want to join one of the top 10 planning teams in the country?
As an experienced planning professional, you will enjoy being part of a leading planning local authority with a need for enforcement to ensure fair and equal developments are being agreed in line Brentwood’s planning standards.
As a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer, you will:
- Have a minimum of 3years experience within a Local Planning Authority within a planning enforcement role
- Lead and Implement the provision of a fair, efficient and quality Planning Enforcement Service
- Ensure all complaints and potential breaches of planning control are investigated and appropriate action taken in accordance with policies and service standards
- Investigate, gather information/intelligence, prepare and lead on cases where the Council is to seek and obtain an ex parte High Court Injunction to prevent apprehended unlawful development.
- Carry out the Council’s duties in line with its Planning Enforcement Plan.
Brentwood has seen a rise in development proposals and recognising the need to expand the planning team we are looking to appoint an organised and motivated Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to join our busy Development Management Team.
You will be joining a high performing team which is expanding rapidly due to all the exciting new developments that are currently being planned for. Due to the rapid increase, we have felt it necessary to create 2 extra positions of Senior Planning Officer with this one specialising in Enforcement.
In return, you will be in receipt of the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Be a member of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Kaarp Benefits – discounts across restaurants, leading retailers, travel discounts plus many more
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Flexible working at the discretion of your line manager
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click the apply button below to upload your CV and Covering Letter detailing how your skills and abilities match our person specification.
Closing Date: 8th September 2019
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline McCaffrey on 01277 312500 or
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.