RG5b (SCP 22-25) £26,317 - £28,785 pa
Full-time, 37 hours per week
Fixed Term – 2 years
We are looking for an outcome focused individual to join our busy
Housing team. You will manage a portfolio of council properties which will include
inspections and health and safety checks. In addition you will work with
tenants to find positive and innovative solutions to issues that concern
them within their neighbourhood.
About the role
This is a challenging and demanding role but is also highly rewarding.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks on a daily basis
- Assertive and confident approach to dealing with difficult situations
- Problem solving skills
- A flexible approach to work.
If you are a team player with a positive attitude to work this may be
the role for you. Previous housing experience is not required but you
must demonstrate how your existing skills can be adapted for this role.
Full training will be given.
A full current driving licence will be required.
For further information, please contact Natalie Waters on 0118 937 2781.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Staff Club - organises events such as pub quizzes and theatre trips
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.Closing date: 19th August 2019Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.