The Borough of Broxbourne is in south east Hertfordshire bordering London and the M25, with a population of about 93,600. Stratford International station is 25 minutes away by train and there is good access to airports and the rest of the country.
Senior Housing Options Officer (HOO) - 12 month fixed term contract
Salary up to £31,500 pa, dependent on experience
Broxbourne has some of the highest homeless pressures of any borough council. This newly created post offers an excellent opportunity to develop and lead a small yet very busy team of Housing Officers, who are responsible for determining housing register and homeless applications made to the Council.
Reporting to the Interim Head of Housing, successful applicant will;
- Supervise the case work of Housing Triage Assistants to provide a housing advice service and prevent homelessness
- Oversee the application and nomination process for the Housing Register
- Manage a small caseload of more complex applications
- Assess difficult and sensitive decisions on a range of cases made under Part VI and VII of the Housing Act (1996)
- Ensure a joined-up and systematic approach across the team and with partners to meet housing needs and respond to forthcoming legislative changes.The successful candidate will ideally be educated to A Level standard. As an experienced Homelessness Practitioner already, they will be looking to progress to the next level, with a clear understanding of the relevant legislation and good organisational skills. Essential is the ability to demonstrate a firm yet flexible approach when making difficult and sensitive decisions, whilst motivating and guiding an experienced team of frontline staff. A clear understanding of the challenges that are faced by homeless people is critical.
This role requires an enhanced/standard Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms to be submitted online by 11 September 2019 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, email: firstname.lastname@example.org,