South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Registration Officer (Building Control)
Location: Milton Park
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 24 hours per week, Mon to Thurs 12:00-17:00 and Friday 12:30-16:30
Salary: £21,725 per annum
Closing date: 12:00 noon on 14 August 2019
Interview date: 23 August 2019
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player with an eye for detail to work within our building control technical support team. You’ll play a key part in ensuring that the initial stages of the application process are accurate, efficient and customer focused.
This role involves undertaking the technical administrative duties for the support of the building control service and planning registration team, ensuring that it is carried out in accordance with current regulations and service standards. The role will include answering the phone, technical checks of plans, booking site inspections and taking payments for a range of applications.
Responsibilities to include:
- Validate and register applications submitted under the building regulations, competent person schemes and approved inspectors, and town and country planning act including scanning and indexing submissions and maintaining registers.
- Input data into the computer system including on-line capability and document management.
- Evaluate and calculate charges for building regulation and planning applications, measuring plans, being able to explain any technical corrections required on the plans for them to be validated.
- Raise purchase orders, take credit/debit card payments and to generate invoices for the collection of building regulation charges.
- Good general admin/office experience.
- Experience of working to service standards and targets.
- Experience of using computer systems including specialist knowledge of corporate applications e.g. Uniform and Ocella.
- Financial experience of dealing with purchase/sales orders, accounts.
- Previous experience of telephone work and dealing with the public at all levels.
- Experience of working in local authority building control in particular dealing with plans and building control charge.
It is important to save the online form as you go along because the form WILL timeout after 30 minutes and all of your work will be lost if you have not saved the form.
The council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post.
Please assume that if you have not heard from us by the interview date then you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
If you are invited to an interview, please note that we do not reimburse costs for your travel or other expenses that you incur.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, Office Assistant, Administrator, Administration, Building Control, etc.