The Senior Practitioner will play a key part in providing social care service ensuring excellence of service across the department and multi-disciplinary service. The postholder will contribute to change management, concluding ECC's transformation and ensuring it is configured for continuous improvement.
The purpose of this job is to raise or contribute discussions of issues and proposals by developing and leading integrated social work practice within relevant service area and meet agreed service standards under the Section 75 Partnership Agreement between ECC and South Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
- To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
- Ensure department delivers its outputs, ensuring best value for money and accurate in-year spend.
- Use specialist skill, knowledge and experience to ensure the effectiveness of the department.
- Provide expert advice and guidance. Meet customer standards and ensure consistent adherence to both designed outcomes and agreed service levels.
- Ensure compliance with all external and internal regulation.
- Professional qualification (educated to degree level in relevant subject area) and evidence of registration with HCPC i.e. DipSW, CQSW, CSS or other equivalent social work qualification. Other alternative recognised qualification as appropriate.
- Approved Mental Health Professional Mental Health Act 1983 as recognised by ECC.
- Evidence of continuing professional development / post qualifying training relevant to the post.
- Post qualifying knowledge and experience of Mental Health social work including statutory work.
- Experience of delivering public services in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment and ability to implement and maintain high quality of service delivery.
- Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients.
- Proven ability to undertake Mental Health assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.