The Council is looking to recruit to a new role of Housing Finance and Rent Accounting Officer.
The primary focus of the role is to provide financial and accountancy support to Housing Services.
The post reports to the Housing Development and Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To undertake the reconciliation of the housing rent accounting system to other key council systems and resolve variances to ensure all payments are up to date.
- To support the Rent collection team by investigating and resolving account queries, processing of transactions within the rent and financial systems, setting up and maintaining payment collection systems such as Direct Debits, standing orders and the production of rent payment cards.
- To provide support to the Housing Finance and Development Manager in relation to the setting and monitoring of budgets.
- Involvement in the completion of revised estimates, final accounts and rent year end processes.
- To be involved in and provide support to the Housing Services as required.
The successful candidate will be:-
- Self-sufficient, flexible and experienced in undertaking the reconciliation within and between financial systems and proactively resolving variances and implementing procedures to address recognised issues.
- Have experience of the process of setting and/or monitoring budgets.
- Be studying for or hold an accountancy qualification.
PLEASE NOTE : this vacancy is being re-advertised – previous applicants need not apply.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact David Randerson, Housing Development and Finance Manager on 01268 882331.
Further details, including job description, person specification and online application form can be found by clicking on the link below, alternatively you may wish to email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01268 882294 for an application pack. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 4.00pm Friday 16th August 2019
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.