An exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice in the Payroll team, you will work as a Payroll Assistant learning all aspects of the role. We offer an 18 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of it turning into a permanent contract, during which we will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve a level 3 Apprenticeship. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/payroll-administrator/
The role will include:
- Day to day delivery of all aspects of Payroll ensuring adherence to processes, SLAs and deadlines whilst providing support to the Payroll Team.
- Input across the full range of employee lifecycle in line with WBC policies and procedures. Including processing timesheets, starters/leavers/changes, expenses and benefits, and pensions.
- Support the Payroll Manager in meeting all statutory requirements.
- Liaise with colleagues as appropriate to maintain effective communication links.
- General administrative support e.g. filing, answering phones, recording and circulating incoming and out going mail.
Please view the job description available to download for further information.
You will need good communication and organisational skills but most importantly is a willingness to play a part in a busy team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience by working in the heart of the Council.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.We would like to hear from you if you feel that you meet the above requirements.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
For an informal discussion please contact Deborah Mallen, Payroll Manager: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01635) 519352
For general enquiries please contact email@example.com