This is an exciting opportunity to be a HR Business Partner for one of the directorates in the Council.
Fixed term for: 12 months to cover a secondment
Interview date: Wednesday 11th September 2019
For an informal discussion, please contact Alison McManamon, Head of HR & OD on 01273 290511.
About the role
As HR Business Partner you will carry out a critical role providing support and challenge to your service area and sitting as an integral part of a directorate management team supporting the Executive Director and their team.
You will ensure that people issues are considered as part of strategic decision making and provide solution focused challenge and advice. You will also be the link between the directorate management team and HR ensuring that service delivery meets the directorate's needs. As a senior HR professional you will help shape the HR service and ensure the needs and views of the customer are at the heart of everything we do and that corporate people initiatives are translated into action within the directorate. You will also lead on corporate HR projects to improve our offer and in developing our approach as a fair, inclusive and diverse employer.
The successful candidate will:
- have extensive experience as an HR professional working in a complex environment
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build constructive credible relationships quickly
- be a confident communicator and able to influence stakeholders and managers at every level.
- be able to think strategically
- be experienced in supporting and delivering change
- be committed to ensuring that customers and their needs at at the heart of what we do and providing a service that enables customers to achieve their objectives
- be able to work independently and plan and prioritise work in a very busy and fast paced environment
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.