St. Joseph’s Catholic Infant School are looking to recruit a welcoming, friendly and highly skilled administration officer to join their friendly team.
We are looking for a person who will provide effective and efficient clerical and welfare support to the school whilst being the first point of contact face to face and on the telephone to our parents, children and visitors. The successful candidate will be IT literate (including being able to type) and ideally have experience of administrative work in a busy school office environment. Experience with SIMS admissions and/or attendance within a school environment would be an advantage but training will be provided for the right candidate. The successful applicant would also oversee Admissions and be the first point of contact for parents joining our school.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Demonstrate a high standard of both verbal and written communication skills
- Have a minimum of GCSE Maths and English level C or above (or equivalent)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to prioritise a busy workload and use initiative
- Show patience, understanding and enthusiasm with the children and colleagues
- Represent the school in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Be flexible and adapt easily to changing needs during the day to ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times
And in return we can offer:
- A welcoming, friendly and positive working environment
- Well behaved, enthusiastic pupils
- A forwarding thinking, proactive school dedicated to the success of pupils and staff
- An environment where everyone is valued
- CPD/training opportunities
- Employer contributions to your pension
St. Joseph’s Catholic Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.
Visits are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Samantha Neal to arrange an appointment on 0208 539 3000 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or require an application pack.
Please apply to the school with a completed application form.
The Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful person will undergo pre-employment checks which include references, right to work in UK, DBS checks and a declaration that neither they nor anyone they live with is a disqualified person under the Childcare Regulations
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019
Shortlising: Monday 16th September 2019
Interview date: Monday 23rd September 2019
To request an application pack please e-mail email@example.com
All completed applications should be returned to the school at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org