Award Winning Team! You could join the successful structures team who have won a number of awards, including the ICE South West Community Award 2019 and the IHE South West Large Project of the Year award 2018 for the major refurbishment and improvement of the Bromley Heath Viaduct.
We have two positions available to work on a spectrum of projects and prestigious schemes giving you variety and new challenges in your job role.
Come and work us within the Structures Team that manages highway and open space structures, you will be a senior member of the team, managing and supervising project teams relating to the inspection, assessment, strengthening, replacement and design of new structures. You will also be responsible for managing the technical approval process that relates to highway and open space structures whether they are being proposed by third parties or in-house teams.
About the Role:
- Manage team members carrying out the structural design for major maintenance, improvement or strengthening of existing structures and the design of new structures using current codes of practice and European standards. Review and check the output of those team members and recommend to the Structures Manager whether to sign off the outputs.
- Prepare and review Approval in Principle documents in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Manage a number of structural maintenance/strengthening projects
- Manage specialist consultants
- Preparation of contract documents, procurement activities and contract administration
- Attend sites to check construction is being carried out in accordance with approved designs, drawings and specifications. Work with others to resolve non-compliance issues.
- Carry out the condition inspections of Structures Assets.
- Degree in a civil engineering related discipline, with substantial relevant post qualification experience.
- You will have membership (Chartered or Incorporated Engineer) of an appropriate professional institution, demonstrating a commitment to personal continuing professional development.
- You will have an NVQ L4 in Management or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Significant experience in the design of highway and open space structures and knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Eurocode standards.
- Experience in the inspection of structures being built to ensure they comply with approved drawings/designs/specifications and Project co-ordination experience and delivering programmes to meet clearly defined outcomes and outputs.
- Demonstrate experience of dealing with external agencies and partners to ensure delivery of maintenance and strengthening of existing structures and evidence of writing complex technical reports for stakeholders and members.
- Experience in building and leading teams of technical staff to help deliver the work of the Structures team, checking of the work of others to ensure they comply with current standards, codes of practice and are accurate and buildable.
- Software competency in Superstress, Advance Design, TEDDS, Scale, Autocad, Mapinfo and Microsoft Office products.
- Possess a clean driving license to be able to travel to sites across South Gloucestershire.
For further information, please contact Mike Johnson, Structures Manager on 01454 864529