Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 27.50, term time only
Paid weeks per year: 46.2 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible following appointment
Fixed term for: 1 year initially
Closing date: 4 September (midday)
Interview date: 11 September
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Hertford Road, Brighton, BN1 7GF
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 552931
Hertford Infant and Nursery School and Hertford Junior Schools are Federated Schools and have an Executive Headteacher with a Head of School at each site.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated Administration Assistant, to support both school sites and to support the INCo
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- Previous experience in an administrative role, including SEN Admin
- A commitment to promoting inclusion for all pupils
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults and work well in a team
- Ability to use other equipment technology – computer, photocopier, iPad, excel
- Working constructively as part of a team, understanding office roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Knowledge of SIMS
- Being flexible and able to use own initiative
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.