Brentwood Borough Council delivers an in-house residential and commercial refuse and recycling collection service across the borough and is seeking to recruit four driver/loaders to join the team.
The successful applicants will lead a team of up to 3 refuse loaders to deliver an efficient and effective waste and recycling collection service to residential and commercial premises in Brentwood.
As a driver/loader you will be responsible for your allocated refuse collection vehicle, to undertake daily vehicle checks and report any defects to the responsible person. You will be required to participate in vehicle loading which can be physically demanding as heavy lifting of sacks, pushing and pulling of loaded wheeled bin and containers (weighing upwards of 450kgs) is necessary to ensure the completion of daily collection rounds.
You must be alert to the inherent dangers of collecting waste and recycling which is carried out in varied and often extreme weather conditions.
- Hold an LGV license (Class C)
- Hold a drivers CPC card
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to endure the physical demands of the role
- Understanding of Health and Safety in relation to waste collections
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Relevant experience in the waste industry and waste operations
- Interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbal and written
- Certificated training in waste related tasks
For an informal discussion please contact Martin Hurst on 01277 312782
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.