About the Role
If you are a commercial professional, keen to develop your skills in a vibrant and innovative Council? We have a vacancy available in our Commissioning and Procurement division that you will be interested in.
We are seeking a talented and experienced individual, committed to improving public services and achieving better outcomes for residents and the local economy.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a tangible difference for our residents, ensuring provision of high quality services that effectively balance the need for positive community impact, operational excellence, value for money and commercial viability.
Please see below for details of this role:
- Corporate supplies, including stationery, office supplies, uniforms and safety equipment
- Financial and insurance services
- Legal services
- Agency and staffing, including learning and development, occupational health and staff benefits
- Marketing, media and advertising
- Professional and technical advice services
This is an exciting time to join the commissioning and procurement division as the team is involved with a number of organisation-wide change programmes:
- Data insight / analytics – ensuring that our work is intelligence led and data driven;
- Easy buy – effective commissioning, procurement and contract management of our tail (low value) spend;
- Contract management transformation – focussing on improving strategic and commercial management of the Council’s tier 1 contracts with spend in excess of £1m per annum; and
- The New Operating Model and embedding proactive consideration into how we commission services across the organisation.
In this role you will have an opportunity to support this trailblazing work, driving a fundamental shift towards a more strategic and commercial approach to designing and delivering services. In return, you will have access to flexible working, a generous salary package, a defined benefit pension scheme, mentoring, learning and development, and excellent opportunities for career progression.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, contact Valerie Guascone (Corporate Resources) email Valerie.Guascone@croydon.gov.uk Hours - 36 hours per week (full time)
To view the role profile click here
Closing date 23rd July 2019, (11.59pm)
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.