Voluntary Sector Funding and Commissioning Partnerships Manager
Islington’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) lies at the heart of our ambition for a fairer Islington and we are rightly proud of the contribution that the sector makes to life in the borough.
Through our Voluntary and Community Sector Development Strategy 2016-2020 we work hard to create an environment that enables a strong, vibrant and independent voluntary sector to thrive and meet the challenges facing our residents.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has the ability to lead the design, delivery and ongoing management of our £3.2 million per annum community fund, including our programme of core grants to the voluntary sector and programme of discretionary rate relief to local charities.
You will develop effective outcome driven partnerships between the Council, statutory partners and the VCS to support the Council to achieve its early intervention and prevention priorities for Islington, ensuring that community provision forms part of a wider preventative offer for local residents.
Working across the corporate organisation and with key partners you will work to create a coherent funding environment for Islington’s voluntary sector, identifying and pursuing opportunities for joint funding and commissioning. You will ensure that the Council models best practice in grant giving.
You will support the Council’s work on Social Value, ensuring that we achieve maximum value through our commissioning and planning processes, and will lead the Council’s work as a Living Wage Friendly Funder.
You will have a demonstrated knowledge of Islington’s VCS and of effective leadership, governance and management in VCS organisations. You will have extensive experience of grant giving and/or commissioning, and of establishing systems to monitor, evaluate and communicate the impact of voluntary sector organisations.
You will be able to use this knowledge to ensure that Islington’s VCS is well run, independent and resilient, and that Council funding to the VCS results in improved outcomes for residents and delivers value for money.
You will have substantial experience in building strong and effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Within the role, you will be expected to demonstrate the core requirements of all leadership posts with Homes and Communities, which are:
- Leadership by example, expert in your field and able to model the role of a trusted professional to residents, colleagues and partners.
- A clear drive and ambition to make a difference.
- Inspiring to our people, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Being proactive, positive and pragmatic in your behaviours and able to build quality relationships with others.
- Commitment to delivering services to the highest professional standards and ability to motivate others to do the same through strong collegial decision-making.
- Flexibility, openness to change and enthusiasm for developing an organisational culture that empowers, involves and drives excellence.
Closing date: Sunday 4th August 2019 at 23:59
Interview date: TBC
If you have any questions about the role, please contact John Muir, Head of Communities on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 527 3264.