CHIEF EXECUTIVE’S DEPARTMENT - GOVERNANCE & LAW
Trainee Solicitor LG04 – 2 year fixed term contract
£24,313 - £27,905 per annum (Local Scale Points 18-24)
The Council is seeking to appoint a in the Legal Services Section of the Cabinet and Chief Executive’s Department. Applicants should be LPC graduates and hold at least a 2:2 degree.
For the post we need someone:
- who is a team player and able to work within a small legal team;
- keen to work with providers in the public, private and not for profits sectors;
- who can build respect and trust both within the Legal Service and outside;
- highly motivated;
- who is a confident communicator;
- who has excellent written and verbal skills
The successful applicant will receive training in the following areas of law:
- local government law;
- contract and property law;
- residential conveyancing;
- civil and criminal litigation;
It is important to note that this training is on a fixed term contract for two years. The Council is unable to guarantee a permanent position with the Council once the contract is complete. It is expected, however, that by the end of the contract, the post holder will be in a position to undertake all duties of a solicitor.
You may speak informally to the Strategic Director Andrew Smith on 01268 882433 or Head of Law Fiona Wilson on 01268 882436.
Please apply online via the Council’s website where a full Job Description and Person Specification are also available.
You may also request an application pack by telephoning 01268 882294 or by e-mail to email@example.com CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 5.00 pm on Friday 26 July 2019
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing Monday 12 August 2019
Castle Point Borough Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.