The Folkestone & Hythe District is an area undergoing significant growth over the coming years. We are looking to embrace this challenge to deliver well-designed new homes, create jobs and improve and develop infrastructure for the benefit of existing and new communities.
About the Planning Validation Officer role
The ideal candidate would be someone with knowledge or experience of working within a Development Management team, who can work efficiently and accurately to ensure applications are registered and validated in accordance with national and local requirements and in a timely manner, and whose priority is to provide excellent customer service.
The duties of the Planning Validation Officer will include;
• Check planning applications for validity based on both national and local validation requirements and carry out necessary safeguarding checks.
• Notify agents/applicants of reasons for invalidity of planning applications where applicable.
• Register planning applications and upload documents onto a planning system. Notify statutory and non-statutory consultees and neighbouring properties of planning applications and produce site notices and statutory adverts for local newspapers.
• Process revised plans including scanning/uploading to planning system and notifying neighbours/contributors/consultees where applicable.
• Deal with telephone enquiries and other administrative tasks required to support the planning administration function and to support the wider service as required
• Provide administrative support to the planning appeals function as required
Skills & Experience
• Experience in the planning field, either for a Local Authority or a developer
• Experience in an administrative role including dealing with the public
• Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including outlook, excel and databases.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good numeracy skills
• Accuracy and good attention to detail
Folkestone & Hythe District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach which is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
The Closing date for the receipt of all completed applications is 12pm on Wednesday 17 July 2019.
Interviews will be taking place on Thursday 25 July 2019.