We’re looking for an Engineering Technician who will work within our Traffic and Road Safety unit. The section has a full and varied programme of works and is now seeking a capable, enthusiastic and self-motivated professional who will help deliver key work streams. The successful applicant will:
- contribute to and design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes from small scale pedestrian improvements, to major new highway infrastructure projects.
- work closely with the Engineer (Traffic) project managers and other internal teams to plan and implement a variety of highway and transport schemes from 'cradle to grave' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national and local criteria and sound engineering practice to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
- be an effective communicator at all levels.
- have a relevant level 4 qualification or equivalent.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- a track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- working knowledge of the design and delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/digital engineering software, systems and data.
- site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of build-ability, traffic management and construction programming.
- good interpersonal skills - a team player with a 'can do' approach.
This position is ideal for someone that is keen to develop their professional career, and learn new skills in the highways and civil sector, as well as becoming part of a great team environment.
The post attracts local authority benefits including flexible working and flexi-time, generous leave entitlement, training and development opportunities and access to the South Yorkshire Pension Scheme.
For further information please visit: Highways and Engineering Services