Grade: Scale 6
Hours per week: 32.5, Term Time only
Paid weeks per year: 46.2 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: 4 September 2019
Fixed term: until 31 August 2020
Closing date: 12 July (midday)
Interview date: 18 July
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2WN
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294881
Mile Oak Primary School is a large primary school with 533 pupils on roll. We are rapidly improving and are supporting each other to make our school even better and to ensure every child achieves their potential. There are good opportunities for professional development. Our children demonstrate excellent behaviour and are very appreciative of the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum we offer.
We are looking for someone to cover teachers’ Planning, Preparation & Assessment time, primarily supporting Physical Education throughout the school. You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This will involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
There will also be an expectation to organise and run a sporting after school programme with additional pay commensurate to the role.
- Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or equivalent qualification / experience in Physical Education
- Excellent numeracy / literacy skills equivalent to NVQ level 2 in English and Maths
- Training on relevant learning strategies
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing the national / foundation stage curriculum and other relevant learning programmes / strategies
- Good understanding of child development and learning processes
- Understanding of statutory frameworks relating to teaching
- Experience of working with children of relevant age in a learning environment
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Can use ICT effectively to support learning
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
Visits to the school are encouraged as part of the application process. Please contact Lynne Szkolar on 01273 294881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.