oneSource is one of the largest local authority shared service organisations providing a range of support services to Bexley, Havering and Newham.
oneSource comprises the following shared departments: Asset Management, Exchequer and Transactional Services, Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Governance and Technical Services.
The Asset Management department provides services to Havering and Newham; it comprises Facilities Management, Health and Safety, Projects and Programme and Property.
The Property Service is made up of the following teams: Strategic Asset Management, Commercial Estate Management, Business Data and Digital and Romford Market.
Following a recent restructure, we are looking to recruit to a number of positions within the Strategic Asset Management and Commercial Estate Management teams.
£47,511 - £50,448 pa
- The postholder is responsible for Services to either LB Havering or Newham, based on demand they are expected to support work in other boroughs occasionally.
- Reporting to the Commercial Estate Manager, the postholder will play a proactive role in the Commercial Estates Management function.
- For the Council for which they are responsible, the Principal Surveyor (Estates) will lead the local estates team. They will directly manage: a Senior Surveyor, an Assets Adviser and an Asset Officer.
- To deliver annual income target Havering c. £3m and Newham c. £9m.
- The postholder is responsible for approval of payments up to £10,000.
- Working with politicians, the directorship team, heads of services and corporate departments, the postholder shall provide property advice, briefings, at times assist and advise customers.
- Along with management of the local team, the postholder will support in the development of the commercial portfolio plan, policy, process and system development and be responsible for delivery of lease renewals, rent reviews, void management, marketing and letting, compliance (multi-use sites), service charges, repairs, customer contact and debt management.
You are either a Fellow or Full Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and a RICS registered valuer.
Experienced in working with politicians, senior colleagues and used to providing high level advice to aid decision making, you have experience of property matters of a local authority gained in either the public or private sector. With knowledge and skill in a wide range of property disciplines and asset management, you are familiar with innovations in the sector and able to help develop a modern data and digitally focused property function to enable delivery of quality services.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 0203 373 0909.
Application closes 19th July
Interviews w/c 22nd/29th July