For an informal discussion about the role please contact Gary Gurr - Leasehold Services Manager at email@example.com or telephone 01273 294676
About the role
The council is a social landlord, being the freeholder of more than 14,000 houses and flats. We are looking to recruit a full time Leasehold Officer to join our Leasehold Team in Housing, who manage these properties.
You will be responsible for providing a full service to council tenants who wish to buy their homes through the Right to Buy scheme, and to the council’s residential leaseholders who have purchased their flats. Your responsibilities will include:
- Calculating and issuing accurate building costs and service charges
- Dealing with enquiries and service charge disputes
- Giving high quality advice on the Right to Buy and lease obligations
- Processing Right to Buy applications in line with legislation
- Developing and maintaining data and record-keeping systems
Applicants should have:
- Strong IT, communications, customer service skills
- Experience in producing accurate work of a financial nature
- Knowledge of the legal framework of the Right to Buy and leasehold management
- Ability to resolve disputes
- Flexibility and good team working
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.