Bereavement Services Client Officer x2
1 x full time, permanent
1 x full time, 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: £25,877 - £30,200 per annum (effective from 01/07/2019)
We are looking for pro-active, motivated and confident individuals who are looking to make a difference providing a compassionate service to the bereaved.
Guildford Crematorium is currently undergoing extensive rebuilding works as part of a £10 million project to bring the facility up to date and provide an exceptional level of service to bereaved families. The Bereavement Services Team manages all of the day to day running of the crematorium, two cemeteries and eight closed churchyards across the borough. This involves all legal paperwork, appointments, queries and payments for the service. There are two positions now available within the Bereavement Services Team: a permanent position and a 12 month fixed term position, both on a full time basis, to assist with all the essential duties of the office and to support the main team in the transition of the service.
Both positions would be based at the Crematorium Site office and would involve occasional travel to the cemeteries to complete administrative tasks. This role attracts a salary band of £25,877 - £30,200 per annum (effective from 01/07/2019) and an annual leave entitlement of 24 days per annum.
What you will do on a typical day:
- Take telephone bookings and enquiries from Funeral Directors and the general public
- Perform laying to rest of ashes in the Crematorium grounds
- Process, check and enter cremation paperwork onto the administration system
- Liaise closely with doctors, coroners officers and hospital services regarding cremation paperwork
- Produce the daily run of legal paperwork for cremations
- Discuss memorial options with families, process orders and liaise with the relevant suppliers
- Carry out financial administration such as processing accounts, raising orders and invoices and taking and receipting customer and funeral director payments
- Interact extensively with bereaved families and the general public
- Perform chapel attendant duties including admission of the deceased, assistance with enquiries, preparation of the Chapel and operation of the computerised music system
- Show families and officiants around the chapel and the grounds, providing support and guidance
- Provide assistance to funeral directors with service requirements and paperwork
- Produce all paperwork for cemetery staff regarding burials and memorials
- Carry out all administrative duties ensuring strict adherence to GDPR relevant industry standards whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
What you need to succeed in this role:
As a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with good administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with all client groups
- Conscientious attitude and good attention to detail
- Accurate and proficient use of computerised systems including Word and Excel
- Ability to follow written procedures and service standards
- An understanding of the needs of the bereaved and ability to act accordingly
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Helen Johnson, Bereavement Services Client Officer on 01483 444711.
Please indicate on your application which position (s) you are applying for.
Please note Interviews will take place week commencing 1st July 2019
Closing date: 5pm 23 June 2019