Mid Kent Legal Services (MKLS) is the constantly evolving shared legal service for Maidstone, Swale and Tunbridge Wells Borough Councils.
MKLS is focused on outcomes, efficiency, excellent customer service and developing our staff. We have an exciting new opportunity as part of our innovative One Team approach for a hard-working and experienced Business Manager to join us.
Would you enjoy working in a busy legal office environment supporting the core business and key priorities across our three partner council bases in Mid Kent? If you’re a customer focused team-player with good management experience, then please get in touch today.
Your duties as manager of MKLS’ business and legal support function willinvolve:
- Working across all three MKLS offices (Maidstone, Sittingbourne and Tunbridge Wells) with a designated regular base of your choice;
- Staff management and development;
- Significant budget management and monitoring of legal case management systems;
- Being a key member of the MKLS Management Team;
- Managing internal departmental communications and efficient delivery of MKLS services across the three partner authorities.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of this vacancy, prior to application, please contact:
Claudette Valmond, Commercial Principal Lawyer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org 01622 602124 or
Estelle Culligan, Contentious/Corporate Governance Principal Lawyer, at: email@example.com 01622 602282.
Benefits include generous annual leave allowance (30 days plus Bank Holidays), Council benefits package, entry to Local Government Pension Scheme, funded professional development and work-life balance policies including flexible working and home-working.
This post is employed by Swale Borough Council; if you need further information or would like to apply please visit our website at www.swale.gov.uk.
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 23rd June, 2019
Interview Date/Location: Tunbridge Wells Town Hall, Wednesday 3rd July, 2019