An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Hammersmith & Fulham Business Intelligence Service to drive forward the Public Health agenda through the use of intelligence and analytics. We are looking for an experienced public health analyst with expert knowledge of health-related data and analysis. This is a pivotal role within the service and the successful candidate will have significant autonomy to lead on public health analytical projects. Key areas of responsibility will be leading on the development of the JSNA and specific projects supporting our public health professionals. This role will also line manage Senior Intelligence Analysts.
Want to know more and apply?
- To lead the production and development of JSNA services and engage with partners to identify JSNA priorities and disseminate JSNA reports.
- To promote public health methodologies to support other public health professionals locally and regionally.
- To maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- To work closely with partners and stakeholders, including officers from local authority departments, NHS commissioners and providers, and the local community and voluntary sector to inform joint work programmes with the Public Health strategic unit.
- To lead on health economic analysis.
- To undertake research projects to support the Public Health function to achieve its objectives.
- To communicate and present complex statistical information to a variety of audiences which will include both those with and without an understanding of statistical techniques.
- To manage projects on behalf of the organisation and lead on long term plans for Public Health research and analysis, particularly complex modelling projects for population projections informing key strategy for public health and the councils.
- To guide and advise others in their decision-making processes based on sound public health knowledge and evidence.
- Manage and oversee the work of Senior Intelligence Analysts within the BI Service.
- Identify data quality issues through intelligence and analytical work, highlighting the impact of issues to senior managers, and where possible recommending solutions.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of analytical techniques and statistical methods and how these can be applied to issues facing the local authority.
- Promote and pursue income generation activities for the BI Service and Public Health function.
- Identify any gaps in our current evidence base and make recommendations on how these can be filled.
- Ensure data from consultations is used to inform all commissioning decisions, policy development and strategy design.
- To lead on the formalisation of arrangements to ensure that business intelligence is built into the commissioning, decision making, and strategy and policy development work of the Council.
- Maintain expertise in statistical and data mining techniques and maintain an understanding of best practice and leading developments in the analytical sphere.
- Develop effective and evidence based public health information activity, to support commissioning and decision making at strategic and operational levels.
- Engage with the Health and Wellbeing board (HWB) for Hammersmith & Fulham; to identify priorities for specific JSNAs and provide an annual summary report for the HWB to inform the Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
- To lead on the submission of all public health statutory returns.
Role Specific Qualifications:
Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject or can demonstrate significant experience in professional setting.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Duncan Smith, Head of Business Intelligence on 0208 753 2551 or via email on DUNCAN.SMITH@LBHF.GOV.UK
Closing date: 12th July 2019.
London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.