Team: Independent Living
Job Family: Supporting 7
Salary: £21,589 to £23,836 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Current Base Location: Dunstable
Contract Type: Permanent
Independent Living Officer
A number of exciting new job opportunities have become available within the Independent Living Team at Central Bedfordshire Council. Independent Living is an integral part of the wider Housing Services Team and lies within the Social Care, Health and Housing Directorate.
We are a substantial yet cohesive team, and together are responsible for delivering excellent accommodation based support to the independent living, and specialist accommodation schemes within the Council’s stock. In addition, we also provide community based housing support and are instrumental in the prevention of homelessness, enabling customers to sustain their tenancies across all tenures including private accommodation. Join our team and find your greatness, together we can work with our customers to enable them to create their own unique pathways which meet their needs, secure positive outcomes and meet their aspirations. Our customers are at the heart of our service.
We are recruiting to one position within the Independent Living Team, providing opportunities to work with and support our customers who range from aged 16 years old to end of life. We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled individuals. You should be able to communicate, advocate and negotiate effectively to produce results that enable our customers to live well independently. Housing experience is an advantage however we welcome applications from candidates with demonstrable relevant experience. You will be expected to coach and mentor and advocate as well as supervise a team of officers.
Core functions include:
- to coach, mentor and advocate as well as supervise a team of officers
- to manage and maximise income and minimise debt ensuring the continued financial viability of the Housing Service.
- to promote affordability and financial inclusion for our customers.
- to proactively manage and sustain tenancies, by supporting tenants to engage and contribute
- to support residents to develop the skills and behaviours that will help them build successful lives.
- to encourage interaction with the landlord, promote independence, aspiration and choice.
- to proactively manage and enhance the value of the environment in and around our properties to ensure that our resident’s homes, the landscape and the environment are maintained in good condition.
- to enable residents to live their lives free from interference or nuisance in an attractive accessible and safe place to live.
- to empower our customers using a person-centred approach taking account of their abilities, as well as their needs; enabling them to make informed decisions and direct their own life.
Benefits include membership of the competitive Local Government Pension Scheme from day one, agile working, generous Flexitime scheme, and many other staff discounts. A full overview of benefits on offer is included in the Recruitment Pack.
Join us and find your greatness helping us to deliver excellent services to the local community.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
To apply for this role, you will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack.
To view the Recruitment Pack for this role, click HERE
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Sinead Maguire at email@example.com or call 0300 300 4399.
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.