£39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Mole Valley District Council Office, Pippbrook, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SJ.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme
'John has been referred to his local Social Care Team as he has learning disabilities, which has led to concern for his safety at home in recent weeks. John's social worker will work with John and others involved with John's care, to look at what is important to him, identify his strengths, as well as understand the risks and how these can be managed to enable John to remain living safely at home..'
This is just one of the many scenarios you may experience as one of our Social Workers at Surrey County Council.
Do you have the enthusiasm, commitment and skills to empower Adults in need of support?
Are you looking for a career where you will face challenges which will help expand your experience?
Values sit at the heart of everything we do and our residents' wellbeing is at the forefront of everything we aim to achieve as an organisation. Our values are based on being customer focused, whilst working collaboratively to make things happen. We communicate with purpose, to support all teams in developing their knowledge, and growing their experience.
In return for your hard work, dedication and commitment we will support your training and development, rewarding you with a competitive package. You will benefit from a thorough induction and an assigned 'buddy' to help you settle into your new surroundings. Our recent survey suggests that 87% of people would recommend Surrey County Council as an employee.
We are looking to recruit to our team based in Dorking. The team is situated in the beautiful Surrey Hills and is closely located to Guildford and Leatherhead.
We are looking for experienced HCPC registered social workers with at least 3 years' post qualification experience of working with Adults and Carers in social care or multi-agency community settings. As a Senior Social Worker you will be expected to provide expert casework advice, professional supervision and have the skills and knowledge to help develop less experienced professionals. This role is ideal for someone who likes a fast paced way of working and in committed to developing their career and the service we offer to Surrey residents.
An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
If you would like to join us please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- Knowledge of relevant policies, legislation and different service provisions
- Experience of working within Adult Social Care, and a range of Adults with differing and complex needs, including older adults, people with a physical disability, people with a learning disability
- Experience of conducting Care Act assessments, support plans and reviews
- Recent experience of providing professional supervision, and/or experience of supervising unqualified staff.
- Experience of responding to Safeguarding concerns, with knowledge and skills around making safeguarding personal
- 3 years post qualification experience
In order to be considered for these roles you will need to provide the following:
- A recognised Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or approved equivalent, BA Hons Social Work or other relevant degree in Social Work)
- Registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Successful completion of ASYE (if qualified after June 2012)
- Valid full UK driving licence