Are you ready for a new challenge within the newly formed National Investigation Service? Do you have experience working in Counter-Fraud or Policing?
Thurrock Council is serious about tackling fraud committed against the authority and the wider-public sector ensuring that public money is safeguarded. In 2018, Thurrock Council received government support to launch the National Investigation Service, a new collaboration between policing and government.
We are looking for a Field Intelligence Officer to join the NIS Criminal Intelligence Bureau. This position would ideally suit someone who is currently or has recently worked in a police intelligence unit and who can hit the ground running.
- Undertake intelligence enquiries and investigations to support the operational objectives of the NIS
- Target criminals who seek to commit offences against the public purse around the UK.
- Develop intelligence and provide active support to investigations with involvement in arrests, search and seizure operations
- Identify further intelligence opportunities for the benefit of the service.
- Be a key member of the team and you will have experience working on crime operations and have knowledge of the effects on the public sector.
- Be a self-starter, confident at speaking to large groups and delivery of operational briefings to both internal and external agencies.
- Have operational experience from a recognised law enforcement agency
- Preferably (but not essential) hold an accreditation such as IPP/PIP2 or ACFS.
The service is a 24/7 function and when necessary you will work through the night, on weekends and bank holidays to achieve our objectives.
This collaboration, hosted in the Council, is formed of experts in their field with experience drawn from investigating all types of economic crime, receiving praise from the judiciary in successfully bringing criminals to justice. The service works with other public authorities faced with serious and complex economic crime and shares its resources to apprehend those responsible.
A Disclosure and Barring Service Check at Enhanced level will be required for this post.
Additionally the role requires the holder to hold or obtain National Security Vetting to 'SC' Level and Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) to Level 3, within 3 months of appointment.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: