An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our vibrant team. We are looking for a permanent Administration Officer who enjoys working in a varied and busy environment and has proven previous minute taking and office experience.
Halton Borough Council Support Services Division wishes to recruit conscientious and hardworking Administration Officer (37 hours per week). The Support Services Division operates a flexible and agile workforce and the successful candidates must be prepared to work at any location in the borough and to provide administrative support for any service area.
This vacancy is to support the administrative functions of the Halton Integrated Hospital Discharge Team based on the Warrington Acute Hospital site. The team consists of a number of social care and health professionals working together, who have the responsibility of planning, assessing and facilitating patients discharge following a hospital episode in a timely and safe way. Ensuring patients’ needs are identified and care/support is in place when they return to their own home and are transferred to another 24 hour setting.
You will be educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) including Maths and English. You must have an awareness of maintaining confidentiality in the course of the job. The main duties of the role are:
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of manual and computerised filing systems
- General administrative support to customers of the shared service including handling queries filing and photocopying
- Assistance in the administration of financial transactions including placing orders, goods receipting and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for the efficient organisation of internal, external and multi-agency meetings including minute taking and follow up administrative tasks to tight deadlines
- Should have relevant IT experience, knowledge of Microsoft packages and bespoke systems
- Typing letters, short reports, presentations, client notes etc.
In return, we can offer:
- Career Progression
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Free parking permit will be issued for the hospital site
- Generous annual leave entitlement
Location: Warrington Hospital
Operational Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
If you think you may be the Administration Officer we are looking for and would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Sharon Johnson on 0151 511 7060 (if I am not available please leave a voice mail and I will get back to you).
Please note that I am on annual leave from the 11 June 2019 so if you would like an informal chat about the role after this date please contact Mike Horsley on 0151 511 7052.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 4 July 2019 (AM) and Friday 12 July.