6 Month Fixed Term Contract x1.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Collins House and Day Care services.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to assist with the ongoing maintenance needs within Collins House, The Carers Centre, Bell House and Kynoch Court Day Centre's.
The role will include:
- Grounds maintenance works including weed spraying, strimming, grass cutting, overgrowth removal, hanging basket maintenance, minor tree works.
- Litter picking and external sweeping of leaves and rubbish.
- Minor repairs and installations - for example putting up shelves, replacing locks, repair toilet seats, gates, door handles, cisterns, coat hooks, taps, jammed windows, glass in alarms, put up signage, pictures, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Graffiti removal and minor internal/external painting
- Putting together/dismantling furniture
- Obtaining supplies, materials and equipment
- Minor cleaning - changing hand towels, emptying bins
- Plastering (minor works), making good holes in walls
- Health and Safety Checks, Fire alarm system tests, emergency lighting tests, legionella water temperature checks on a weekly basis.
- Routine inspections and maintenance.
- Ensure services are working i.e. heating, lighting and plumbing - for example unblocking sinks, w/c, drains etc.
- To support the Managers with Fire, H&S audits and actions.
- Training provided
The successful candidates will need to have a flexible approach to working hours and be able to travel borough wide. Candidates will need to have good values and continually promote Thurrock Councils core values and vision.
The post holders will need to be kind, compassionate, caring, flexible and committed.
The successful candidates will need to have a professional attitude at all times and have knowledge around the understanding of Dementia, Challenging behaviours and Manual Handling.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for Adults is required at enhanced plus barred list level
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: