Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the role
Bristol Court is a new extra care housing scheme commissioned by Hounslow Council. It comprises of 94 flats of which 12 are dedicated to support residents with dementia, 15 for those with learning disability and the rest are for general needs.
This innovative development offers a restaurant on site which will provide a nutritious, hot meal daily as part of the tenancy, hairdressers/therapy room, a large communal space, changing places and 3 specially designed gardens.
The Social Engagement Officer's role will include organising and facilitating events and activities to residents at Bristol Court, Key stakeholders, local residents and the voluntary sector including the updating of social media and databases.
Promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling social isolation among residents. Ensuring services are developed which meet the needs of our diverse community and are accessible to all service users.
- Creation of a varied activities programme which is suitable and accessible to all service users.
- The delivery of marketing material to agreed timescales, cost and quality standards to promote the services offered.
- The creation and maintenance of strong partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- An up to date work database.
- Ability to team work and communicate verbally in a clear and concise way with the general public, providers and other agencies, both face to face and over the telephone in a tactful, helpful and manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and respond effectively to problems and emergencies.
- Ability to priorities and meet performance targets and deadlines.Sound verbal and written communication skills, including ability to draft accurate reports and create marketing materials.
- Ability to hold consolation meetings and carry out presentations. Keeping abreast of new developments with regard to activities for a wide range of client groups.
Essential for the Role
DBS Check (Basic)
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact the Extra Care Manager Janine Fitzgerald
email@example.com 07976 196 401
Interviews will be held week commencing 15 July 2019